Posted by Smokey Stover on May 08, 2006
In Reply to: Butt load posted by stan on May 08, 2006
: Wondering what the origin is for; that's a "butt load."
A relative unit of measure. Unlike units such as meters which can be quantified as to how far a photon travels in a vacuum in 1/299,792,458 of a second, the relative unit of measure will vary from person to person based on their diet. The scale looks something like this.
* Buttload - A pantload and a half. An amount beyond containment.
* Pantload - Two complete ****loads, equivalent to 2694 raises or 898 squats
* ****load - A very large quantity, equivalent to 1347 raises or 449 squats
* Little - in fact the difference between little and damned little is too little to justify this space.
* Damned Little - two squats, or five pittances, or 6 raises
* Squat - Two and a half pittances, or three raises.
* Pittance - a bit more than "You call this a raise?" but not much more.
* You call this a Raise? - not worth mentioning at all.
There's a whole buttload of citations of buttload, pretty much all humorous, which you can view by Googling. This one comes from