Unisex terms

Posted by ESC on December 16, 2001 at

In Reply to: Unisex terms posted by R. Berg on December 16, 2001

: : : During the thread of "spank the monkey," "wedding tackle" was mentioned. I haven't a clue what "wedding tackle" is referring to. Any help?

: : As the guilty party, it behooves me to explain. I was musing as to the lack of other unisex slang terms for the genitals, and the old-fashioned (and probably regional) British slang term "wedding tackle" was about all I could dredge up.

: : So there you have it. Tackle in the sense of equipment, and wedding in the sense of wedding - though contrarily enough there's many an old joke that assures that the fastest way for one's wedding tackle to fall into disuse is for one to go and get wed :)

: There's also "[one's] business."

I like the British term, "naughty bits."