Chips and Peas

Posted by Andrew Daley on May 23, 2007

I am interested in local terms for a side dish of peas and chips served in a chip shop. The competing terms in my area (Newton-le-Willows, which is half way between Liverpool and Manchester) are "split" and "half-and-half" but there is some disagreement about whether these are Lancashire, Scouse, localized or general. Any ideas?