Slightly off topic query

Posted by Platypus on February 28, 2005

hey, ya'll, it's been awhile. i've been looking for a word which i'm not certain exists. is there a word to describe the nexus between verbal and non-verbal communication when it specifically relates to pun, or word play. a kin to the onomanapea (?), this word would describe the act of me touching my "nose" to indicate I "know" what a speaker is talking about. sometimes, if I know more than the speaker on a given topic, i'll blow my "nose". is there a word to describe the use of gesticulation to create wit in word play? slapstick entendre?