Switch-hitting voters

Posted by Smokey Stover on March 09, 2005

In Reply to: Switch-hitting voters posted by Brian from Shawnee on March 08, 2005

: : I guess this comes from baseball but what exactly does it mean? swing voters? the undecided? It's not listed in my dictionary, so pls help me.

: I'd guess it refers to voters who go Democratic sometimes and Republican other times, depending on the candidates and/or issues.

Although Mr. Lao probably knows what switch-hitting means in baseball, he didn't specifically say so, so I will provide the doubtlessly redundant information that a switch-hitter is one who can bat either right-handed or left-handed. It is sometimes used figuratively, not only in politics, but in sexual matters as well. SS