Balls to the Wall

Posted by Paul Littleton on September 26, 2003

In Reply to: Balls to the Wall posted by Art SC USA on September 18, 2003

The terms "Balls to the Wall" and "Balls Out" both refer to the flyball governer. As the rotational speed of the governer increases the balls move out toward the horizon (wall). That motion, coupled through various linkages has been used to control the speed of engines and or trigger safety devices once a certain speed is reached. "Going balls to the wall" simply means going fast.