Gay person

Posted by Less on May 17, 2002

Dear sir,
I watched an american sitcome, and one of its charaters referring to a gay person phonetically like /cloverboy/. I looked up the dicitonary but couldn't find the word. Have you heard such a word? Could you be kind enough to tell me what that word is, if you happen to know it. By the way, are there any expressions to describe gay people postively and negatively in each respective?