Kotchel? Cottchel?

Posted by Word Camel on January 14, 2002

I worked with a man from Surrey once, who used a very nice word to describe a fairly large portion of food. I have tried looking it up before, but I'm unsure about how to spell it. I've not found it in an American dictionary but I can't be sure if it's because it is peculiar to Britian or because I can't spell it. I have never heard an American use it.

It sounds like cottchel. "I'll have a cottchel of cauliflower cheese."