Two-tone corespondents

Posted by R. Berg on August 14, 2001

In Reply to: Two-tone corespondents posted by Barbara Gordon on August 14, 2001

: Anyone know what two-tone co-respondents are?

: They are some type of menswear from the 30s but that's all I know

I haven't heard this term, but its second part suggests that the garment is sexy or at least debonair. In an action for divorce on the grounds of adultery, the corespondent is the person the adulterous spouse had an affair with. (The respondent is the spouse against whom the action is brought--like a defendant.)