School of fish

Posted by Bruce Kahl on October 12, 1999

In Reply to: School of fish posted by Jim Wiebe on October 11, 1999

: I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this,
: but does anyone know what this type of phrase is called?
: OR 'gaggle of geese'

They are called "collective nouns".

Some of my favorite collective nouns:
A crash of rhinoceroses
A kindle of kittens
A skien of geese (airborn)