Posted by [email protected] on March 15, 2005
In Reply to: Proverbs :HELP!!! posted by Katy Bilton on March 15, 2005
: Morning Dougan
: The only proverb I know from your list is 'all that glitters is not gold'...this any good? Re the he who laughs proverb, up here in the NE we ususally say 'he who laughs last laughs longest' and I think it is an alternative to he saying 'having the last laugh', which needs no explanation
: I am scratching around for the others so my be able to post some more before lunch time. Good luck...KT. x
: Okay I wanted to know what this proverb means.
: : *He who laughs last laughs best
: : And if you can, please tell me a proverb or idiom for each meaning.there is the beginning word or words to the proverb in brackets after each sentence.::
: : *Always keep a lofty goal before you.(Hitch...)
: : *Things that seem to good often arent as they appear to be.(All is not gold...)
: : *As long as you are alive, you can expect criricism.(Nobody kicks...)
: : *Various influences in our lives cause us to become what we eventually become.(As the twig...)
: : So if you know any meanings or proverbs for this, even if it is just one, I would appreciate it if you could tell me by tonight or tomorrow morning which is the 15th. Also if you have any idea where I could find these kinds of things, please get back to me hopefully before tommorrow morning. Thank you so much. I appreciate your efforts.
Gold. The saying is 'all that glisters is not gold' Yes, that is 'glisters'!
- Proverbs :HELP!!! Steve E 15/March/05
- When the cat is away the mice will play. S.Natarajan 03/April/05
- Books and friends should be few and good. S.Natarajan 03/April/05
- Sweet are the uses of adversity S.Natarajan 03/April/05
- 1.The hand that rocksthe cradle rules the world S.Natarajan 03/April/05
- Proverb- meaning. " A bird in hand is worth two in the bush" S.Natarajan 02/April/05
- All that glisters Smokey Stover 15/March/05