phrases, sayings, idioms and expressions at

Home | Search the website Search | Discussion Forum Home|


Posted by Harikrishnan Menon on February 28, 2003

In Reply to: Help posted by Lewis on February 27, 2003

: : A person that guides the discussions on bulletin boards is called a moderator. Is that what you mean?

: As stated, "moderator" is the usual term for the person that supervises the board, but there are other more colloquial terms like "webmaster"

If you're technically inclined and were an avid member of a Bulletin Board System or BBS (which predates the world wide web by many years), you'd probably refer to the person in charge as the SysOp, which stands for System Operator.