phrases, sayings, idioms and expressions at

Home | Search the website Search | Discussion Forum Home|


Posted by Lewis on February 27, 2003

In Reply to: help posted by ESC on February 27, 2003

: : I am from China. I want to know it you also have the similar slangs used in bbs meaning "post message". As in China we use a word that is related to "water". Also what do you call the person who takes charge of the bbs, is he a "boss" or something? thank you!

: A person that guides the discussions on bulletin boards is called a moderator. Is that what you mean?

to contribute a written message is usually called "posting" it and a short reference to a message is "a post".

As stated, "moderator" is the usual term for the person that supervises the board, but there are other more colloquial terms like "webmaster"