Scored a pancake

Posted by Brian from Shawnee on September 10, 2004

This week I found out that there is a name for when an offensive lineman is U.S. Football knocks a defender on his butt. It's called a "pancake", and the verb is "to pancake".

My sons play youth football and this year the older one has been moved from the glorious position of linebacker to the relatively obscure position of guard. I was happy to see someone has thought of a stat to gauge his play at the new position.