Terminology ?

Posted by Bruce Kahl on November 11, 2001

In Reply to: Terminology ? posted by Denis Dixon on November 11, 2001

: Is there a term(Name) for phrases like:
: A pride of lions , pod of whales, muster of peacocks, flock of birds, gaggle of geese etc etc?

They are called "collective nouns".