phrases, sayings, idioms and expressions at

Browse phrases beginning with:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T UV W XYZ Full List

What is meant by the folowing:

Posted by Bruce Kahl on June 12, 2001

In Reply to: What is meant by the folowing: posted by nad on June 12, 2001

: If you want pop on top, you can make it hop

: Thanks

Way out guess!
There is a type of lure that flycasters use called a "popping bug" so named because a round rod of balsa wood is formed for the body and then one end is inserted into a pencil sharpener and ground to make the rear taper.
They are used to create a disturbance on the surface of water to trigger a strike with a very mild popping noise making the fish think a bug has landed on the water.
With practice you can make it hop across the water increasing your chances of getting a fish.