British Expression?

Posted by Gary Martin on March 30, 2000

In Reply to: British Expression? posted by Tomar on March 30, 2000

: Does anyone know what the [British] term "Five knucle shuffle" means? I saw it on an review by a London viewer.

I've not heard that in the UK. I'd guess it refers to fighting. We have 'a bunch of fives' (a fist), 'knuckle sandwich' (punch in the face). Combine that with the Mohammed Ali's shuffle and job's a good un. (in case that's another obscure Britishism it tranlates as something like 'Bob's your uncle')