phrases, sayings, idioms and expressions at

Piece, bunch, pair,

Posted by James Briggs on April 02, 2003

In Reply to: Piece, bunch, pair, posted by HGL on April 02, 2003

: Is there a special term for words such as a PIECE of cloth, a BUNCH of flowers, a PAIR of chopsticks? I don't think it is "quantifier" but I am dying to find out what they are called. Please help. Thanks.

Collective noun?