phrases, sayings, idioms and expressions at

Home | Search the website Search | Discussion Forum Home|


Posted by Lewis on March 24, 2003

In Reply to: Green-eyeshaders posted by ESC on March 24, 2003

: : To what does the term "green-eyeshaders" refer?

: : Thanks in advance for any information.

: It refers to headgear. I couldn't find the term in my references. There are two groups that used to wear green eyeshades to filter out harsh office light, reporters and accountants.

tradition would be - reporters, editors, printers - but also bookmakers and croupiers.
probably some more.