Gay person

Posted by ESC on May 17, 2002

In Reply to: Gay person posted by Less on May 17, 2002

: Dear sir,
: I watched an american sitcome, and one of its charaters referring to a gay person phonetically like /cloverboy/. I looked up the dicitonary but couldn't find the word. Have you heard such a word? Could you be kind enough to tell me what that word is, if you happen to know it. By the way, are there any expressions to describe gay people postively and negatively in each respective?

Clover boy. I've never heard that term. I've heard negative and neutral terms for homosexuals. But nothing positive. Boys in the band. Confirmed bachelor. Women in sensible shoes. Here's a positive: women who don't have to put up with men.