Posted by ESC on May 18, 2001
In Reply to: Wonders posted by Emelia on May 18, 2001
: Does anyone know the seven wonders of the world?
: There are web sites that contradict eachother with regards to which are the seven. And wonders that I've been told were wonders over the years ie: Niagara Falls, Grand Canyon, Great Barrier reaf, Hoover Dam were not included in the lists that I had seen.
: Thank you in advance.
From "The New York Public Library Desk Reference" :
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World are:
1. Artemision at Ephesus, a Greek temple.
2. The Colossus of Rhodes, a 100-foot bronze statue.
3. The Hanging Gardens of Babylon.
4. The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, a 140-foot marble structure.
5. Olympian Zeus, a statue in gold and ivory.
6. The Pyramids of Egypt.
7. The Tower of Pharos, a great lighthouse of the island of Phraos.
There is also a Seven Wonders of the Modern World. I don't have that. But the "wonders" you mentioned probably come from that list.