Posted by Israel Cohen on May 13, 2001
In Reply to: Piece of ass posted by Randy Carothers on March 13, 2001
Random House online gives:
denarius (di nâr'ee uhs) n. pl. (-nâr'ee ie )
1. a silver coin of ancient Rome, orig. equal to 10 asses.
2. a gold coin of ancient Rome equal to 25 silver denarii.
1. a copper coin of ancient Rome.
2. an ancient Roman unit of weight, equal to
about 12 ounces.
3. a former silver coin of Spain and Spanish
America, equal to eight reals.
[1550-60; (yam) SooF = Reed (Sea).
Latin Mare Rubio would also be a euphemism for
this (menstrually red) sea. I believe this area
represents a body-part of Aphrodite (who gave
part of her name to Africa). You can obtain a
complete listing of this anthropomorphic map
by return email. Let me know if you also want
a .tif or .jpg "map" of the area.