Posted by Hoan on August 03, 2005
I really need help with these sayings. thank you so much.
"Write the present day meaning of the expression and explain its origins"
1. A chimerical Scheme
2. An apple of discord
3. In the arms of Morpheus
4. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts
5. Hydra-headed evils
6. As wise as Nestor
7. Difficult as the judgment of Paris
8. Between Scylla and Charybdis
10. An Icarian Adventure
11. A task of Sisyphus
12. Janus-faced facts
13. an Augean Task
14. A Cassandra Utterance
15. Bellerophonic letters
16. the thread of Ariadne
17. To be unable to bend Ulysses' bow
18. The face that launched a thousand ships
THANK YOU SO MUCH!