Posted by Shkval on November 09, 2003
Ok, the next portion.
1. "- He came to see you the other day right before he was tagged. What did you talk about?
- The Mets. John doesn't think they have a deep enough pitching roster this year, and I'm inclined to."
I understand he meant baseball team "New York Mets", right?
But does "they have a deep enough pitching roster this year" means "they lack of pitching players" or "this pitching players aren't good enough"?
2. In the old film that Anderton saw on the wall before the surgery operation on eyes, the episode when one man shoot another and said:
"Started blowing the buttons for no reason whatsoever, and I knew that."
3. "- It's anesthesia. It's all gonna be downhill."
"It's all gonna be downhill" - you don't feel any pain?
4. "- Ah, Miss Van Eyck. I'm afraid she's already smitten. She only has eyes for you."
"She only has eyes for you" is some kind of pun? She has got an eyes (the real ones in plastic bag) and she like him?