Posted by Tiko on January 22, 2002 at
I saw this pass around one day and thought some of you fellow linguistics might be amused. It is title:
WHY ENGLISH IS DIFFICULT TO LEARN
The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to
present the present.
7) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
8) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
9) I did not object to the object.
10) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
11) They were too close to the door to close it.
12) The buck does funny things when the does are present.
13) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
14) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
15) After a number of injections my jaw got number.
16) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
17) I had to subject the subject to tests on the subject.